Dan Ryan - all around talented friend and colleague


 

Receiving this envelope with Dan Ryan’s message to me…..well…there are not enough words to describe how it touched my heart and what it meant to me after many years of working on the music and life of Gena Branscombe.

 That envelope held programs from the “From Picton to the World: Bringing Home the Music of Gena Branscombe” concert.  Only after leaving Picton did I realize I had not picked up extra programs for my own archive.  Thanks to Dan’s sister, who was making a trip to New York City, I was handed the envelope!  And, there was this message….which speaks of the very essence of Dan Ryan.  (By the way, Alexis is Dan’s wife and Sagan is their adorable dog.)




Working with Dan, my friend and colleague, over the past eight years has been a privilege and blessing.  Dan is a high energy, creative and brilliant ideas person.  He leaves me in wonderment as to how I was blessed to have him as Co-Founder of The Gena Branscombe Project. 

It was Dan’s idea we form the Project, that we offer scholarships and present concerts of Gena’s music to introduce the 21st century to a woman composer from over 100 years ago.  How could one say no? 

Having a friend and colleague as Dan is, is a blessing to the project we created.  We discuss, we bounce ideas and dreams around, we carefully plan our next projects and fund raising.  All of this is inspiring. 

Not only is Dan a wonderful arts administrator, he is an accomplished conductor and composer.  To say the very least, he is talented!

Though he stated I was the best, believe me when I say, he also is THE BEST.  Thank you, Dan.  



#BringingBackBranscombe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coventry's Choir

Research

Kathleen Lockhart Manning